Your wedding centerpiece doesn’t have to feature dramatic florals in order to be beautiful. You can save money and get creative with your wedding theme by opting for a more unique tablescape approach. If you are looking to save some cash, you can always opt for artificial wedding flowers, but if faux floral isn’t your thing, keep reading for more wedding centerpiece inspiration.
Everyday items can be transformed into a beautiful display with a little out of the box thinking. We’ve compiled a list of unique wedding centerpiece ideas for some of our favorite wedding styles. You can browse below or jump directly to a specific theme:
Fresh and Fruity
Rustic and Earthy
Shabby and Chic
Fresh and Fruity Decor
Freshen up your wedding reception with citrus style touches such as a fruit-filled wedding centerpiece. Like flowers, fruits come in tons of beautiful colors, so it’s easy to find a fruit display that matches your wedding palette.
Citrus can also add a touch of seasonality to decor if you choose to feature fresh and local produce. This is one way to achieve an eco-friendly and cost-effective display that your guests will love. At the end of the night, you can even encourage guests to take any unsliced fruit with them to enjoy at home. You can also pair your fruit display with a fruity wedding cake recipe for a cohesive theme throughout the reception.
Here are some of our favorite citrus centerpiece trends:
- Lemon and Leaves Table Runner: Pair a zesty, citrus-filled table runner with white candles for a southern, elegant tablescape.
- Sliced Pomegranate Tray Display: Place sliced pomegranate on delicate trays for an exotic, colorful, and unexpected centerpiece!
- Pink and Pear Centerpiece: Fill clear vases with fresh pears to add bright height to your reception tables.
- Mandarin Tower Display: These bold mandarin orange towers will add height, color, and citrus deliciousness to any table display.
Free-spirited brides can embrace soft and earthy boho trends on their wedding day. The reception tablescape is a great place to showcase Moroccan-inspired decor, such as hanging lanterns, velvet table runners, unique glassware, and gold accents.
Here are some of our favorite bohemian wedding centerpiece ideas:
5. Hanging Lanterns: Elevate your reception with a hanging lantern display that will have your guests dreaming of faraway lands.
6. Velvet Table Runner: Add texture to your tablescape with a velvet table runner. Choose a jewel tone then add in specks of gold for the perfect boho vibe.
7. Vintage Glassware: Antique wine glasses will add pops of color to a backdrop of metals and greenery.
8. Tall Candlestick Centerpiece: Tall, vintage-inspired candlesticks will add height and elegance to your bohemian tablescape.
Coastal Tablescape Ideas
Whether you’re tying the knot beachside or hosting a coastal-themed celebration far away from the sand, stay on theme by adding nautical touches to your wedding centerpieces. You’ll want to find the perfect balance of salt-inspired decor and natural elegance — think seashells, dreamy ocean blues, and quirky beach treasures.
Get inspired with these elegant and beachy wedding centerpiece ideas that are sure to make your guests salty with envy:
- Seashell Table Runner: Start collecting shells and coral on your next beach adventure to achieve this coastal display.
- Faux Pineapple Centerpiece: Dress up everyone’s favorite beach treat by displaying gold pineapple pieces paired with ocean-inspired tablecloths.
- Coral Sculpture: Display coral art as your wedding centerpiece for an eye-catching, tall, au-natural display.
- Coastal Chic Display: Mix natural tones such as dried pom poms and ocean treasures like coral with modern glassware to get this coastal-chic vibe.
Rustic and Earthy Decorations
If you enjoy the simple things in life, a rustic and earthy wedding day vibe might be for you! This theme is natural and chic, always in style, and works especially well at farmhouse venues and outdoor celebrations.
Consider a rustic and earthy wedding centerpiece display to capture your carefree essence. Anything you can pillage from the forest can be incorporated, such as moss, leaves, and vegetable harvest. You can also use metals like tin cans or glassware such as mason jars as quirky, upcycled additions to your display.
Check out these rustic and earthy centerpiece ideas:
13. Whimsical Moss Centerpiece: Add a touch of natural enchantment to your reception with moss and pair with other forest forage for a storybook look.
14. Dangling Leaf Display: Make your guests look up by dangling beautiful fall foliage and twinkle lights from the ceiling.
15. Recycled Vase Centerpiece: Inspire guests to recycle and reuse by transforming tin cans into vases and pairing it with natural elements like tree bark.
16. Mason Jar Decor: Take advantage of charming and affordable mason jars at your table display. You can use them as vases, table number holders, and more.
Holiday Wedding Centerpieces
Take advantage of holiday cheer and seasonal touches during the fall and winter months. You’ll have plenty of romantic hues and ornamentation to choose from to dress up your wedding celebration. Whether it’s during the autumn harvest or Christmastime, you’ll find tons of options for your wedding centerpieces that don’t include flowers!
Here are some of our favorite holiday tablescapes for inspiration:
17. Christmas Fir Runner:Dress up a fir table runner with pinecones, faux fur, and candlesticks for a Christmas-themed reception centerpiece.
18. Ornamental Ornaments: Display Christmas ornaments on your tablescape for a bright, glittery, holiday-inspired centerpiece.
19. Pumpkin Harvest Spread: Create a stunning fall display by pairing colorful pumpkins of different sizes with leaves and twigs.
20. Retro New Years: Incorporate the champagne toast into your table decor with a retro tablescape with touches of pink.
Shabby Chic Table Decor
You can take something old and make it new again by featuring antique pieces in your wedding centerpiece. Perfect for brides who like to spend time at vintage markets and thrift stores, this centerpiece theme lets you use inspiration from decades past.
Whether you choose to feature shabby chic items such as birdcages or gold opulence reminiscent of royalty, your vintage wedding display will be anything but boring!
Check out some unique and shabby chic wedding centerpiece inspiration:
21. Whimsical Birdcage Display: Add a quirky and vintage-inspired birdcage to your reception tables. You can leave as is or paint them to add pops of color.
22. Hot Air Balloon Centerpiece: Perfect for a garden party, this dreamy hot air balloon centerpiece is fun and affordable.
23. Vintage Fairytale Centerpiece: Mix and match vintage brass pieces together for a storybook setting straight out of a fairytale.
24. Gold Vintage Opulence: Use candlesticks and trays dripping in gold for an opulent and sophisticated display fit for royalty.
With so many creative options out there, you don’t have to splurge on floral to achieve an amazing wedding centerpiece. By mixing in touches of your own style or theme, your wedding will come to life. For more wedding decor inspiration, visit our expert advice decor and inspiration page.