Lucky you: you’ve been invited to a bridal shower! As you prepare to attend this festive pre-wedding party, you should be thinking of ways to help “shower” the bride-to-be with love, support, and encouragement on her route towards marriage. A shower is supposed to be a special moment of togetherness for the bride where, surrounded by her closest family and friends, she’s able to forget about the stress of wedding planning and revel in the excitement of what lies ahead.
As a bridal shower guest, you can help her achieve these warm-and-fuzzy feelings by writing a lovely bridal shower message in a card attached to your gift. Here’s how to craft the perfect bridal shower card message, plus some examples you can “borrow” if you’re feeling less poetic.
How To Write Bridal Shower Card: Basic Steps
While you should feel empowered to write whatever feels natural to you in your card, here are a few elements of a standard bridal shower message that should make it easy for you to fill up that white space. Remember, the most important thing is to craft a message that feels personal, genuine, and reflects both your and the bride’s personalities and relationship.
1. Begin With Congratulations: Open your bridal shower message with the most basic of social graces. Offer your congratulations on her upcoming marriage, on finding the love of her life, on making it this far through wedding planning… whatever you feel she’ll appreciate the most.
2. Make Her Feel Great: Offer the bride-to-be a compliment that will guarantee she feels amazing. You could tell her how beautiful she’ll look on her wedding day, or boost her confidence about the stellar choices she’s already made with the wedding details.
3. Share Something Personal: Perhaps you have a great memory about the bride that reflects her character strengths, the depth of your friendship, or how special her relationship is to her future spouse. The best card messages are the ones that feel thoughtful and unique, so don’t be afraid to get personal and write something from the heart.
4. Offer Encouragement: Since she’s about to embark on a major life journey, be sure to include well-wishes for her and her partner for a lifetime of happiness.
5. End With Words Of Inspiration: Wrap up your bridal shower message with an uplifting thought, a piece of advice, or a quotation that leaves a lasting impression on the power of love and the beautiful, magical journey she’s about to take.
Bridal Shower Message Example
Staring at a blank card with a pen in hand? Lose your fear and get started by following this example of a bridal shower card message:
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I know you are going to make an absolutely stunning bride, and I simply can’t wait to see all of the beautiful wedding details that I know you’ve worked so hard to plan.
I am so amazed and touched by the relationship you have created with Peter, and I know that the love you share runs very deep. From how you always encourage and support each other’s career goals, to the way you rock out on the dance floor together, I know you two will continue to find joy and strength in your shared love for years to come.
I wish you nothing but a lifetime of laughter, happiness, and dance parties. As Gene Kelly said, “You dance love, and you dance joy, and you dance dreams.” Cheers to you and all the dancing to come!
Sample Bridal Shower Wishes
Whether you’re trying to keep things light, go super-sentimental, or remind the bride about your special relationship, there are tons of different bridal shower wishes you can share in your shower card. Get inspired with these sample message for all types of moods and recipients.
What To Write In A Bridal Shower Card: For A Daughter
What is more special than sending off a daughter into marriage? Share your heartfelt happiness, your advice on marriage, your memories of her as a child, and/or your wishes and hopes for the couple for the future in your bridal shower card.
- You fill my heart with light, and I am so thrilled that you have found someone to spend your life with. Congratulations on taking this next huge step!
- My daughter, you’re an endless source of joy and love to me and your father, and I know Paul feels the same. Although you belong to each other now, we will always be here for you no matter what!
- Every parent wants their child to find lifelong happiness, health, safety, and fulfillment—I know your future holds all these things and more with Jeff by your side. I couldn’t be more thrilled for you both, and can’t wait to see your love grow over the years!
- Marriage is both an incredible blessing, and a lot of hard work. Through good times and bad, remember to be on the same team, listen as much as you talk, and never go to bed angry! Keep your love front and center, and I know you will have an incredible future together.
What To Write In A Bridal Shower Card: For A Sister
A sister offers support and friendship, serves as a partner in crime, loans her favorite sweater, and knows the bride better than anyone else. A bridal shower card message should reflect the depth and nature of a sister-sister relationship, whether lighthearted or sentimental.
- My dear sister, can you believe this day has finally come? You have always been the sweetest little sister to me, and I can’t wait to watch you walk down the aisle. All my love, always!
- From the time we used to play wedding in the backyard, to your many bad dates and terrible boyfriends I witnessed over the years, I am so thrilled that you’ve found the one to make you happy forever! You deserve all the happiness and love in the world.
- Congratulations on being the most beautiful bride, sister, and friend in the world! I love you forever and am here for you always. Thank you for letting me be by your side throughout this wedding journey.
- While I love Derek almost as much as I love you, we both know that the sister bond run deep! Remember I have your back no matter what—but I know you will rock this marriage thing. Thank you for always being such a great big sister and role model. I love you!
What To Write In A Bridal Shower Card: For A Daughter-In-Law
Welcome your future daughter-in-law to the family and express your joy in continuing to build a relationship with her over the years to come. Feel free to share memories or thoughts about your son that would touch the bride’s heart.
- We are so lucky that our son has chosen you to be his lifelong partner! We can’t wait to see where love will take you both.
- Welcome to the family! You are an incredible woman on your own, and we know you’ll make an even more incredible addition to our tribe. Congratulations!
- I knew it would take a very special woman to serve as a match for Jonathan...and once I met you knew, I knew you were the one! I am so thrilled to welcome you into our family and wish the very best in all things for you both.
- You are a beautiful woman inside and out, and you will make a beautiful bride. We can’t wait for the big day and for all the years of love and togetherness that will follow.
What To Write In A Bridal Shower Card: For A Friend
If you’re writing a bridal shower card to a friend, let your message be personal and either funny or sweet (or both) depending on the nature of your friendship. Regardless of the tone, share your excitement for her big day, offer help or support as needed, and express your gratitude for being included.
- Congratulations! I am so happy for you both, and I know you will have the most amazing life together. Thanks for letting me share in the excitement!
- As Beyoncé would say, may you always feel this “crazy in love.” Congratulations on a wonderful partnership and years of happiness to come!
- Thank you so much for letting me take part in your celebration and “shower” you with love! Please let me know if there’s anything I can help you with leading up to the wedding.
- Dear friend, I’m so glad you’ve found the one that makes your heart sing. I can’t wait to celebrate you both in a few months! Cheers to the most beautiful, smart, and kindest of brides.
What To Write In A Bridal Shower Card: For A Coworker
You don’t have to go into great or complicated detail when writing a shower card message to a coworker: keep it short, sweet, and simple. Offer your congratulations and share your enthusiasm and thanks for being included.
- I am so excited for you and Dave, and can’t wait for the big day! Thanks for including me in such a special celebration.
- I remember the morning after your first date with Tom...you were glowing (and gushing!). I knew right then that you’d found your perfect match. I am so happy for you, and wish you both all the love in the world!
- It’s clear that you and Tom have a love that runs deep, and will last for a lifetime. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and thank you for letting me play a small role in it! I’m so thrilled for you both.
- As you make the transition from my “work wife” to a real wife, I know you will handle it with your characteristic grace, charm, and dedication. Congrats on this happy day, and best wishes for what’s to come!
What To Write In A Bridal Shower Card: Humorous
There’s no rule that says you have to be serious when writing a shower card message. In all likelihood the bride will be reading a lot of heavy-handed and sentimental messages, so have some fun with your words to her… just be sure to keep things appropriate and respectful, of course.
- Best wishes for a lifetime full of love, trust, and shared dishwashing duties!
- You know I’m here for you no matter what, dear friend—even if that means tying ribbon around hundreds of tiny bottles of bubbles until 3 a.m. so that you can cross “wedding favors” off your to-do list. Happy wedding!
- Wow, you’re getting married! Congratulations! Now that your love life is figured out, I expect you’ll have more time to help me figure out mine...kidding! But also, help me. Love you both and can’t wait for the wedding!
- Congratulations on finding the match to your candle, the aloe to your sunburn, the Tabasco to your tacos. You two are a one hot match! Here’s to keeping the fire burning for years to come.
Bridal Shower Quotes
If you’re coming up short on poetic ways to share your bridal shower wishes, don’t sweat. Talented wordsmiths have been talking about love and marriage for centuries, so let the pros express your thoughts for you with one of these bridal shower quotes.
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” — Andre Marois
- “True love is singing karaoke Under Pressure and letting the other person sing the Freddie Mercury part.” — Mindy Kaling
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
- “Who, being loved, is poor?” — Oscar Wilde
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” — Maya Angelou
- “If I had a flower for every time thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
- “Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.” — Carroll Bryant
- “Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” — Plato
- “Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades. But to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, now that’s a real treat.” — JoAnne Woodward
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” — Emily Brönte
- “Love is sharing your popcorn.” — Charles Schultz
- “Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet service to see who they really are.” — Will Ferrell
- "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." — Anatole France
- “I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
- "Love must be as much a light as it is a flame." — Henry David Thoreau