Get inspired by browsing these Instagram-worthy bachelorette party themes and plan the perfect bash for the bride:
- Last Splash Mermaid Bash Party
- Bohemian Bride Tribe Party
- Let’s Get Nauti-cal Party
- Bride's Final Fiesta Party
- Glamping Girls Weekend Party
- Tropic Like It’s Hot Party
- Additional Bachelorette Party Themes for Every Bride
Celebrating the bride at her bachelorette party is one of the best ways to de-stress before the wedding and get to know her closest friends. While some brides prefer an exciting weekend bash, others would rather relax with their favorite girls. If you’ve been tasked with planning a bachelorette party, put the bride’s interests first and then fill in the rest of the details.
Once you have a clear idea of how the bride wants to spend her final days as a single lady, the fun begins! There are so many bachelorette party themes to choose from so we’ve gathered 57 ideas to inspire your planning. Maybe your bride has a wedding theme she loves that you can incorporate into the bachelorette party. These themes range from wild and crazy to sophisticated and chill so you can find the perfect theme to party with your girls.
After picking your theme, set the backdrop for your weekend with decor and party favors to celebrate in style. Wondering who covers all of the bachelorette party costs? Check out our guide to bachelorette parties to figure out who to invite, how to split the costs and how to plan your weekend.
Bachelorette Party Themes & Party Names
Last Splash Mermaid Bash
For the mermaid bride trading her tail for a veil, celebrate her bachelorette by the sea. Use plenty of sparkles and soft pastel colors to decorate your under the sea party with bubbles, seashells, and sea creatures. Have your mermaid squad pack their swimsuits and gift them beach towels as a party favor so they’ll have a souvenir to take home. Add some mermaid themed snacks and dive in.
Whether you’re by the pool or hanging at the beach, you can party your tails off in full mermaid fashion.
- Set up a Mermosa bar
- Prepare for a night out with a mermaid glitter bar
- Have a last splash pool party
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Santa Monica, California
- Seaside, Florida
Bohohemian Bride Tribe
Take it easy and plan some relaxing activities for the boho bride. Get outdoors and explore some beautiful scenery by visiting a winery or going on a hike to bond with your bride tribe. To wind down, attend a group yoga or pilates class and find your zen before the big day comes.
Another fun spin on a boho bachelorette is to go with a “Bachella” festival theme for the music lover. Bring in all the florals, earth tones and macramé decorations to create a chill vibe for your party. Vintage patterns and fabrics make great backdrops for photo booths and dinner parties.
- Make flower crowns with your crew
- Attend a group yoga class
- Have an outdoor patio party
- Tour a vineyard
- Sonoma, California
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Tulum, Mexico
Let’s Get Nauti-cal
Want to head somewhere warm and sunny with the girls? A nautical bachelorette is the way to go. Deck out your “I Do” crew with sailor hats, fanny packs, and beach hats to create a weekend fit for the sea. If you’re planning a destination bachelorette party, consider some beach getaways and try to book a beach house or boat ride. Nautical themed goodies like inflatable beach balls and anchors make great decorations for your weekend pad.
Let your hair down, put your toes in the sand and celebrate the bride’s last sail before the veil with a “Let’s Get Nauti” themed bachelorette.
- Go on a boat ride or rent jet skis
- Grab some beach chairs and relax on the beach
- Have a sandcastle competition with nauti prizes
- Destin, Florida
- Nantucket, Massachusetts
- Malibu, California
Sources: Bride on a boat via Katrina Malaiba | Nautical goodies via Everyday Pursuits | Beach ball drink stirrers via Studio DIY | Nautical table setting via Pizzazzerie | Beach hats via Love Always, Audrey
Bride's Final Fiesta
Perfect for any time of year, this theme brings together delicious food and colorful decor to create an atmosphere that makes you want to sip margaritas with your senoritas. Celebrate the bride to be with a fiesta themed party full of quirky cactus decor and pinatas. Using just balloons and streamers, you can turn any hotel room or guest house into a desert oasis. As for the tasty treats, margarita flavored cupcakes and a nacho or taco bar make great party snacks.
This final fiesta will have all of your girls crashing for a siesta in the afternoon.
- Try out salsa dancing
- Build your own taco bar
- Take a swing at a pinata
- San Diego, California
- Miami, Florida
- Cancun, Mexico
Sources: Fiesta sign via Giggles Galore | Fiesta cookies via Cowtown Cookie Co. | Cactus balloons via Design Improvised | Fiesta garland via The House That Lars Built | Siesta blanket and eyemasks via and Simply Audree Kate and Brooke Marcella Photography
Glamping Girls Weekend
Bachelorette parties are perfect for escaping the stress of planning a wedding so why not escape to the great outdoors? For the bride who likes to explore and unwind, consider planning a weekend in the woods for you and your girls. Whether you decide to stay in a cabin or glamping tent, this weekend will be full of new experiences. Create a cozy atmosphere using lots of blankets and pillows to make your campsite feel like home. For party favors, you can make some adorable fire starter kits with matches or create your own rustic wood coasters.
Head out to where the wild things are and create a weekend full of happy campers.
- Take a nature hike
- Make smores around the campfire
- Try outdoor sports like fishing or whitewater rafting
- Denver, Colorado
- Jackson, Wyoming
- Portland, Oregon
Sources: Glamping tent and blankets via Gypsy Canyon Baja and Ana and Jerome Photography | Wooden coasters via House of Hawthornes | Camp rules via Legally Crafty and Just Add Confetti | S’mores bar via Katherine Mendieta
Tropic Like It’s Hot
Take the bachelorette party to the tropics for a weekend that feels like a mini-vacay. Palm leaf prints, fresh florals, and bold colors make this tropical party bright and cheery. Add some fun flamingo and pineapple decor to turn your room into a tropical oasis. Sip fruity cocktails by the pool or head to the beach for a fun day in the sun. Adorn some fabulous straw beach hats and bright pool floats for a pool party no one will forget.
As the bride says “aloha” to married life, take this weekend to pamper her special girls.
- Get group manicures and pedicures
- Hangout poolside
- Play prosecco pong
- Key West, Florida
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Palm Springs, California
Sources: Pastel party decor via Everyday Pursuits & Valorie Darling Photography | Mimosa bar and floral ice cubes via The Beauty Approach | Pool floats via Madison Short and Christine McFarlane Events | Flamingo party cups via Boxwood Avenue
Additional Bachelorette Party Themes for Every Bride
For the Low Key Bride
- No Boys Allowed Slumber Party: Watch endless movies, paint your nails and eat plenty of snacks for a sleepover-themed bachelorette like this one from Studio DIY.
- Mani’s and Mimosas Spa Day: Take the girls to a spa for some facials, manicures and of course, mimosas.
- Backyard BBQ: Perfect for when the weather is nice, invite your girl squad over for a chill backyard party full of barbeque and brews.
- Yoga Themed: For the yogi bride, “Namaslay” with your girls and find time to relax before the big day.
- Movie Night: Make it a marathon and wear your PJs for a cozy night in. Or, take the movie outside and set up a projector to watch under the stars.
- Vintage Vibe Campout: Go retro and unplug in a vintage trailer for a throwback weekend like this party from 100 Layer Cake.
- Celestial Celebration: Throw a star party and get in touch with the cosmos since the bride has found someone she loves to the moon and back.
- Game Night: Have all the girls bring their favorite board games and card games over and spend the night laughing and playing together.
For the Wife of the Party
- Winery Weekend: Hit the vineyards and feel like you’re on cloud wine with your crew. Tour multiple wineries for a weekend that helps you stop and smell the rosé.
- Feyoncé Bachelorette: Since he put a ring on it, celebrate in true Beyoncé style with a glammed out bachelorette full of dancing and being fabulous.
- Brew and Views: Take the bride to be to a number of breweries around town and add some sightseeing onto your itinerary.
- Wiggin Out: Put on a silly wig with your crew and dance like nobody’s watching. Mix up hair colors and styles and go all out for the bride.
- Bach and Boujee: Think gold, luxurious and lots of champagne. Indulge in a bachelorette party where you treat yourself and your crew.
- Casino: If you can’t make it to Vegas, bring the lively atmosphere to your bachelorette party with casino-themed games and decor. Throw in an Elvis costume and party it up Vegas style.
- Fifty Shades of Grey: Throw a panty party for the bride and gift her all kinds of intimates for her wedding night.
- Champagne Campaign: Pop the champagne, she’s changing her last name! Decorate the party with a champagne balloon wall like this one from Kara's Party Ideas for a great photo backdrop.
For the Adventurous Bride
- Baewatch Beach Bash: Wifeguard or bride to bae? Hit the beach for a fun weekend in the sun and sand.
- Boots and Bling Before the Ring: Saddle up and have a wild western party for the honkytonk bride complete with cowgirl boots, hats, and bandanas.
- The Hunt is Over: This jungle themed bachelorette lets you dress up as a wild thing and party it up with the bride. Lions, tigers, and bears—oh my!
- Last Swing Before the Ring: Attend a baseball game and root for #teambride as you guys round out the homestretch of wedding planning.
- Flannel Fling Before the Ring: Perfect for fall and winter, wear matching flannels for a cozy weekend in the cabin.
- Lake Life Weekend: Head to the lake for a relaxing weekend outside with your ladies like this shoot from Tinker Tin. Take the boat out for a sunset cruise and “cheers” to the married life.
- Cheers Beaches: Rent a beach house and stay oceanside for a weekend celebrating the bride to be.
- Vail Before the Veil: Plan a trip to Colorado and spend the weekend hitting the slopes or cozying up by the fire.
- Traveling from Miss to Mrs: Make invitations that resemble passports or boarding passes and throw the jet-setting bride a travel-themed party with cuisine and drinks from all around the world.
- Hiking and Biking: No matter what city the party is in, try renting bikes for a cruise around town or hike a local nature trail.
For the Classy Bride
- Tea Party: Swap out mimosas for tea and throw a sophisticated tea party full of florals.
- Painting and Wine: Grab a glass and paintbrush and let the wine do the painting. This is one of the few bachelorette parties where you make your own souvenir.
- Brunch and Bubbly: Bring brunch to the bachelorette with a mimosa bar like this from Peachfully Chic.
- Chop it Like it’s Hot Cooking Class: Test your kitchen skills and learn a new recipe with the girls by signing up for a cooking class. Pop open a bottle of bubbly and get cooking!
- Kentucky Derby: Get “Down and Derby” with your bride squad as you eat southern comfort food and wear extravagant hats like this party from Oh Happy Day.
- Garden Party: Host your own secret garden bachelorette and make your own floral bouquets or pick berries at a local farm.
- Night in Paris: Celebrate in Parisian style by hosting a bash with macarons, champagne, and French eats.
For the Bride Who Loves to Dress Up
- Rockstar: Party like a rockstar and dress as famous rockers before you hit the town.
- 90s: If the bride is obsessed with all things 90s, have the bachelorette party dress up in vintage outfits and dance to your favorite 90s bands.
- 80s: Girls just wanna have fun. Channel your inner Madonna and throw a bachelorette with big hair and tunes from the 80s.
- Masquerade: Perfect for a New Orleans bachelorette party, grab some masks and beads and let the good times roll.
- Gatsby: A little party never killed nobody! Dress up in flapper dancer outfits and throw a bach bash even Gatsby would be jealous of like this one from The Blissful Balance.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s: Tiffany blue decor and pearls set the scene for the perfect party. Have the girls wear their favorite little black dress and a pair of sunglasses to complete the theme.
- The Royal Bachelorette: Make the bride feel like a true queen by throwing a royal bachelorette party complete with English treats and tea.
- Come on Barbie, Let’s Go Party: Pink everything. Host a Malibu pool party or wear your brightest workout gear for a party that is both plastic and fantastic.
- From Muggle to Mrs: Keep the butterbeer coming for the bride to be. Celebrate with your favorite wizards and solemnly swear you’ll be up to no good.
- So Fetch Bachelorette: You can’t sip with us. Wear the classic pink outfits and watch the movie on repeat for a bachelorette inspired by Mean Girls.
- Happily Ever After: For the fairytale bride, dress up as different princesses and throw a ball that doesn’t have to end at midnight.
- F-R-I-E-N-D-S: The One Where She Gets Married. Pay tribute to the classic 90s TV show by hosting a party with Central Perk coffee and a yellow picture frame photo booth.
- Unicorn: The bride found her unicorn! Throw her a magical bachelorette bash with glitter and rainbows to celebrate just how special she is.
- Getting Meowied: If your favorite cat lady is tying the knot soon, plan her last meow with plenty of kitty-inspired decorations and maybe a few furry friends.
- The Bachelorette: Who will get the final rose? Dress up in stunning cocktail dresses and bring out the roses and champagne. Bonus points if you stay in a bachelor-style mansion.
- Pineapple: Party like a pineapple and host a party full of tropical flavors and decor.
- Donut Delight: In case you ever needed an excuse to have a donut wall at your bachelorette party. Check out this donut board from Going for Grace for inspiration.
- Sex and the City: This iconic girl squad makes the perfect theme for a bride who is both fabulous and sophisticated. Dress up as your favorite characters and play the TV series or movies in the background.
After all the fun of a bachelorette party, you’ll need to pick out the perfect present for the bride to be. The bride may have just found her match, but she’s always had a strong group of supportive girls surrounding her.