Lucky you ! you’ve been invited to a bridal shower! As you prepare to attend this festive pre-wedding party, you should be thinking of ways to help “shower” the bride-to-be with love, support, and encouragement on her route towards marriage. A shower is supposed to be a special moment of togetherness for the bride where, surrounded by her closest family and friends, she’s able to forget about the stress of wedding planning and revel in the excitement of what lies ahead.
By following this simple outline of what to write in a bridal shower card, you’ll be sure to craft the perfect message:
As a bridal shower guest, you can help her achieve these warm-and-fuzzy feelings by writing a lovely bridal shower message in a card attached to your gift. Below, find details and examples to help you to craft the perfect bridal shower card message, or jump straight to examples based on your relationship with the bride to be:
While you should feel empowered to write whatever feels natural to you in your card, here are a few elements of a standard bridal shower message that should make it easy for you to fill up that white space. Remember, the most important thing is to craft a message that feels personal, genuine, and reflects both your and the bride’s personalities and relationship.
1. Begin With Congratulations: Open your bridal shower message with the most basic of social graces. Offer your congratulations on her upcoming marriage, on finding the love of her life, on making it this far through wedding planning… whatever you feel she’ll appreciate the most.
2. Make Her Feel Great: Offer the bride-to-be a compliment that will guarantee she feels amazing. You could tell her how beautiful she’ll look on her wedding day, or boost her confidence about the stellar choices she’s already made with the wedding details.
3. Share Something Personal: Perhaps you have a great memory about the bride that reflects her character strengths, the depth of your friendship, or how special her relationship is to her future spouse. The best card messages are the ones that feel thoughtful and unique, so don’t be afraid to get personal and write something from the heart.
4. Offer Encouragement: Since she’s about to embark on a major life journey, be sure to include well-wishes for her and her partner for a lifetime of happiness.
5. End With Words of Inspiration: Wrap up your bridal shower message with an uplifting thought, a piece of advice, or a quotation that leaves a lasting impression on the power of love and the beautiful, magical journey she’s about to take.
Staring at a blank card with a pen in hand? Lose your fear and get started by following this example of a bridal shower card message:
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I know you are going to make an absolutely stunning bride, and I simply can’t wait to see all of the beautiful wedding details that I know you’ve worked so hard to plan.
I am so amazed and touched by the relationship you have created with Peter, and I know that the love you share runs very deep. From how you always encourage and support each other’s career goals, to the way you rock out on the dance floor together, I know you two will continue to find joy and strength in your shared love for years to come.
I wish you nothing but a lifetime of laughter, happiness, and dance parties. As Gene Kelly said, “You dance love, and you dance joy, and you dance dreams.” Cheers to you and all the dancing to come!
Whether you’re trying to keep things light, go super-sentimental, or remind the bride about your special relationship, there are tons of different bridal shower wishes you can share in your shower card. Get inspired with these sample message for all types of moods and recipients.
Sometimes less is more. Here are some examples of quick, simple messages to communicate your happy wishes. Examples:
What is more special than sending off a daughter into marriage? Share your heartfelt happiness, your advice on marriage, your memories of her as a child, and/or your wishes and hopes for the couple for the future in your bridal shower card.
A sister offers support and friendship, serves as a partner in crime, loans her favorite sweater, and knows the bride better than anyone else. A bridal shower card message should reflect the depth and nature of a sister-sister relationship, whether lighthearted or sentimental.
Welcome your future daughter-in-law to the family and express your joy in continuing to build a relationship with her over the years to come. Feel free to share memories or thoughts about your son that would touch the bride’s heart.
If you’re writing a bridal shower card to a friend, let your message be personal and either funny or sweet (or both) depending on the nature of your friendship. Regardless of the tone, share your excitement for her big day, offer help or support as needed, and express your gratitude for being included.
You don’t have to go into great or complicated detail when writing a shower card message to a coworker: keep it short, sweet, and simple. Offer your congratulations and share your enthusiasm and thanks for being included.
There’s no rule that says you have to be serious when writing a shower card message. In all likelihood the bride will be reading a lot of heavy-handed and sentimental messages, so have some fun with your words to her… just be sure to keep things appropriate and respectful, of course.
If you’re coming up short on poetic ways to share your bridal shower wishes, don’t sweat. Talented wordsmiths have been talking about love and marriage for centuries, so let the pros express your thoughts for you with one of these bridal shower quotes.