Assuming one of your New Year’s resolutions is to eat a little healthier, we highly recommend the Vitamix Professional Series 500 Blender as an essential tool to achieving your healthy lifestyle goals. There are so many ways to use your Vitamix and that can often be overwhelming. So let’s just start with one, shall we?
Since salads are always a great go-to for healthy meals, the dressing you choose to go with it must be a yummy one. One of our favorite recipes you can make with your Vitamix is this Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette, created by Chef Marc Murphy. This recipe only takes 30 minutes and yields about 4 cups of vinaigrette. Plus, you can keep it refrigerated for up to two weeks. Simply follow these directions below.
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups shallots, roughly chopped (about 6)
- 2 cups sherry vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat small saucepan over high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil, and allow to get very hot.
- Add shallots and cook until very brown.
- Add sherry vinegar and reduce by 3/4, simmering at least 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow shallots to cool.
- Carefully transfer to the Vitamix container.
- Add water and mustard, and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on, and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for about two minutes or until smooth.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5. Remove the lid plug. While the machine is running, slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening in a thin stream until all is incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Now you’ve got a delicious and healthy vinaigrette to top off any healthy salad. Enjoy!